Hungry for an off the beaten path Minneapolis food experience? Join us as we explore one of the city's trendy and historical neighborhoods, the Mill District and St. Anthony on Main in Northeast Minneapolis. You'll enjoy sampling food at the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota, home-made gelato, and drinking locally-brewed craft beer. A highlight for many is a fried food that is universally loved in Minnesota.
In addition to sampling food, we will also stroll by the local Farmers Market, Mill City Museum and Guthrie Theater. You'll enjoy gorgeous views of St. Anthony Falls as we walk along the Stone Arch Bridge into historical St. Anthony on Main. You'll learn about the history of both of these neighborhoods while touring the oldest street in Minneapolis. You'll taste and chat with other food-loving guests, and leave the tour with an appreciation for these distinct neighborhoods that most tourists never see!
*Market and Mill City Museum is closed on Thursday evenings
- James Beard award winner - featuring Eastern European specialties and their pierogi
- Over 62 years, this classic polish restaurant serves up their very popular homemade sausages and sauerkraut
- Local favorite "Minnesota"-style pizza since 1965
- Variety of Minnesota-brewed craft beers (non-alcoholic tastings available)
- Authentic fresh Thai spring roll from the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota (with or without shrimp)
- Delicious and most popular Thai dish - you better eat it all, you don't want to enrage the "God of Rice"
- Gelato that is sure to please your taste buds
- You haven't been to Minnesota until you've tried the cheese curds! (Thursday only)
- Award-winning coffee including local favorite Nordeast Mud
*Some tastings are only available on specific tour dates. Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
Starting location begins at Gold Medal Park (S 10th Ave & S 2nd Street), located next to the Guthrie Theater (818 South 2nd Street), ends in Northeast Minneapolis. Starting location may vary on your tour time and day.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Multiple parking ramps are available right in the area or choose metered parking